With the summer quickly coming to a close, I thought it was only appropriate to share my absolute favorite recipe from this summer. It’s a refreshing spin on a classic dish, and the best part is that it’s surprisingly insanely easy to make. The secret ingredient: white peach balsamic vinegar replaces the traditional red wine vinegar. You may recognize the peach balsamic from other recipes I’ve posted, and it makes an excellent salad dressing or dip for veggies on its own. I originally bought it at a boutique near the beach I go to in New Jersey. I couldn’t find anything that even came remotely close to it here in Nashville so I order it from back up north 🙂
3-4 large tomatoes
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 white peach balsamic
1 tbsp olive oil
Optional toppings: chopped peaches, grape tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, fish
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Chop cucumber and large tomatoes and combine in a large bowl with cilantro, olive oil, and peach balsamic
2. Reserve 1/4 of the mixture for garnish and place the rest into a blender. Blend until smooth.
3. Taste and adjust seasonings.
4. Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours (the longer it sits the longer the flavors will be enhanced!)
5. Top with optional add-ins and serve!